A.G. Becker & Co., Inc. Records, 1859-1982
- IdentificationMidwest MS Becker
- TitleA.G. Becker & Co., Inc. Records, 1859-1982 Midwest.MS.Becker
- PublisherThe Newberry Library - Modern Manuscripts
- RepositoryThe Newberry Library - Modern Manuscripts
- Physical Description27.0 linear feet (21 boxes and 1 volume)
- Bulk, 1880-1982
- AbstractRecords of A.G. Becker & Co., an early Chicago investment firm founded by Abraham Becker following the failure of Hermann Schaffner & Co. during the Panic of 1893. Includes early firm records and recollections collected from employees, Abraham Becker's repayment records (to Schaffner depositors), annual reports, Becker Bulletin/Briefs (1959-1982), photographs, advertising and marketing materials, personnel files, World War II letters of employees in military service, etc.
- Location1 51 3-4
- OriginationA. G. Becker & Co..
This collection is unprocessed, and is available by appointment only.
- Becker, Abraham G.
- Judy, Paul R.
- Banks and banking -- Illinois -- Chicago