Haugh, Dolores. Riverview Amusement Park Collection, 1904-1975
- IdentificationMidwest MS Riverview
- TitleHaugh, Dolores. Riverview Amusement Park Collection, 1904-1975 Midwest.MS.Riverview
- PublisherThe Newberry Library - Modern Manuscripts
- RepositoryThe Newberry Library - Modern Manuscripts
- Physical Description2.0 linear feet (1 record carton, 2 oversize boxes)
- Location1 21 4, 1 30 2
- AbstractRiverview Park archival records, including correspondence, accounts, publicity materials, concession contracts, minutes and reports, photographs, scrapbooks, clippings, and advertising materials, salvaged by Dolores Haugh from the abandoned park office one week before it burned down. Reports, minutes, correspondence, and other documents date mainly from the early years of the park. Advertising materials, clippings, and photographs are mainly from the last decades of park operation. There is information about rides and concessions, including the famous "Bobs," events like the Riverview Ramble and Mayor William Hale Thompson's 1920s outings for school children, staff members, and the general operation of the park. Also materials gathered by Haugh for her newspaper articles in the Arlington "Day" and her book, Riverview Amusement Park (2004).
- Haugh, Dolores
- Riverview Amusement Park (Chicago, Ill.).
This collection is open for research: a printed inventory is available in the library's Modern Manuscript Collections notebooks.
- NamesRiverview Amusement Park (Chicago, Ill.).
- Geographic CoverageRiverview Amusement Park (Chicago, Ill.)