Frank H. Beberdick Pullman Collection, 1881-2001
- IdentificationMidwest MS Beberdick Pullman
- TitleInventory of the Frank H. Beberdick Pullman Collection, 1881-2001 Midwest.MS.Beberdick Pullman
- PublisherThe Newberry Library - Modern Manuscripts
- RepositoryThe Newberry Library - Modern Manuscripts
- Physical Description4.3 linear feet (2 boxes and 2 oversize boxes)
- Location1 4 6, 1 16 2
- AbstractMiscellaneous materials relating to the historic Pullman company town and Pullman Manufacturing Company, 1881-2001.
- OriginationBeberdick, Frank H., (Frank Harry), 1927-
The Frank H. Beberdick Pullman Collection are open for research in the Special Collections Reading Room; 1 box at a time (Priority III).
The Frank H. Beberdick Pullman Collection are the physical property of the Newberry Library. Copyright may belong to the authors or their legal heirs or assigns. For permission to publish or reproduce any materials from this collection, contact the Roger and Julie Baskes Department of Special Collections.
Frank Harry Beberdick, born in 1927, is a long time resident of the town of Pullman, IL. His interest in locomotives began in high school and led to positions in the maintenance departments of the Columbus, Ohio & Pennsylvania Railroad. A walking tour of the Pullman community and shops inspired him and ignited his volunteer work as archivist for the Historic Pullman Foundation.
Miscellaneous materials primarily concerning the historic Town of Pullman and Pullman Manufacturing Company, 1881-2001.
Includes photographs, scrapbooks, and ephemera concerning the town of Pullman and the Pullman manufacturing company. Car related materials consist primarily of Pullman advertisements, a small collection of drawings and postcards. Included among the car related materials is a roster of Amtrak Passenger cars. There are drawings and articles concerning the Corliss engine, a Photograph album of vessels made by Pullman Standard, and articles related to the Allen Paper Wheel Company. Other materials include photocopies of car building and shipping records, correspondence, and some advertisements, articles and writings.
- Beberdick, Frank H., (Frank Harry), 1927-
- Corliss Steam Engine Company .
- Pullman Company. -- Employees -- History
- Pullman Incorporated. Pullman-Standard Division.
- Pullman, George Mortimer, 1831-1897
- Company towns -- United States -- History
- Manuscripts, American -- Illinois -- Chicago
- Pullman cars -- United States -- Drawings
- Pullman Strike, 1894
- Railroad cars -- History
- Geographic CoveragePullman (Chicago, Ill.)