Chicago School of Nursing Collection, 1905-1921
- TitleChicago School of Nursing Collection MSCSN16
- PublisherSpecial Collections
- RepositorySpecial Collections
- Physical Description0.5 Linear feet
- LocationPlease note that this collection is housed in the Special Collections and University Archives Department at the University of Illinois at Chicago Library of the Health Sciences, 1750 West Polk Street, Room 320 Chicago, Illinois, 60612.
- OriginationChicago School of Nursing.
Most items in this collection are too fragile for photocopying. Please ask a Special Collections staff person for assistance to determine what may and may not be photocopied.
The lessons were arranged numerically. The specimen pages cover multiple lesson plans and are described at the end of the series.
The Chicago School of Nursing was founded in 1899 by Dr. Orville Juan Perkins and incorporated in 1909. The school offered home study nursing courses and periodic examinations by mail. However, learning by mail left out valuable hands-on training opportunities.
This collection consists of nursing correspondence course lessons. Exam questions are included at various points.
Chicago School of Nursing Collection, Special Collections and University Archives, Library of the Health Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Nursing Education
- Nursing--Study and teaching (Continuing education).