Nurse Faculty Research Development in the Midwest Records, 1978-1984
- TitleNurse Faculty Research Development in the Midwest Records MSNFRD09
- PublisherSpecial Collections
- RepositorySpecial Collections
- Physical Description21.5 Linear feet
- AbstractThe Nurse Faculty Research Development in the Midwest (NFRDM) is the precursor to the Midwest Nursing Research Society (MNRS). Founded by a group of nurses involved in a Department of Health and Human Services' research project, the NFRDM was originally proposed as a continuing education project to develop into a peer research network. Today, the MNRS is a nursing research organization with the purpose of promoting, disseminating and utilizing nursing research throughout the Midwest.
- LocationPlease note that this collection is housed in the Special Collections and University Archives Department at the University of Illinois at Chicago Library of the Health Sciences, 1750 West Polk Street, Room 320, Chicago, Illinois, 60612.
This collection was revisited Summer 2017. The following folders were also discovered to be missing: Box 1 folder 4, Transition: NFRDM to MNRS; Box 13, folder 154, Main Governing Board, 1980-1981: Correspondence; Box 14, folder 182, Executive Committee meeting: Transcription of tapes: 1/28-29/80; Box 15, folder 208 The Committee on Institutional Cooperation; Box 15, folder 210, TELEC. CONFER: Proposal 11/79-Letters of Support; Box 15, folder 216 Nurse Faculty Research Development in the Midwest: July 1978-June 1979; and Box 21, folder 315, Amendment #2 between Northwestern and University of Illinois. Folders were removed from inventory list.
This collection contains information on the NFRDM/MNRS from 1978 to 1984. Included are meeting minutes, conference planning details, reports, articles, research proposals, correspondence, questionnaires/results, budget information, newsletters, information on research interest groups, and other data relating to the administration of the NFRDM, including its transition from NFRDM to MNRS.
Nurse Faculty Research Development in the Midwest records, Special Collections and University Archives, Library of the Health Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago.
The Nurse Faculty Research Development in the Midwest contains restricted information. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives two weeks in advance before visiting so that use copies of the requested material may be made.
- NamesMidwest Nursing Research Society.
- Chicago Health Sciences History.
- Midwest Women's History.
- Nursing--Study and teaching (Continuing education).
- Women's health services.