Charlie Chaplin coloring books
- Collection ID 2016.0042.1-.2
- Creator Names Keeley, J. illustrator.
- Title Charlie Chaplin coloring books [graphic] 1917
- Physical description 1.25 linear feet, including 2 volumes (1 box)
- Access and usage restrictions Items are currently in conservation and are temporarily unavailable to researchers.
- Collection summary Illustrated comic-coloring books depicting Charlie Chaplin as the Tramp titled, "Charlie Chaplin's Comic Papers (series 1 no. 315)" and "Charlie Chaplin in the Movies," and published as promotion for Essanay Studios. Included in the two-color printed interior of both volumes are annotations and crayon coloring from an unknown creator. Covers are printed in four color.
- Terms Governing Use and Reproduction No known copyright restritcions.
- Location of Other Archival Materials Note Related materials at the Chicago History Museum, Research Center, include the Essanay Film Manufacturing Company records [manuscript], 1896-1960, bulk 1911-1942; George Spoor and Essanay Film Manufacturing Company manuscript collection [manuscript], 1918-1972; the Essanay Film Studios advertisements collection [graphic]; and the Essanay News (call #: F38RK .E7).
- Biographical or Historical Note Essanay Film Manufacturing Company, an early motion picture production company, was founded in Chicago (Ill.) in 1907. In 1914, the studio hired Charlie Chaplin, who shot one film in Chicago for the studio before moving to California, where he made several more movies with Essanay.