1 to 12 of 201 Digital Images shown
DePaul Special Collections and Archives collects, preserves, and shares rich primary source materials in support of engaged teaching, active student learning, and scholarly and community research. The collections reflect the close connection between DePaul University and the City of Chicago, as well as DePaul’s Vincentian heritage and values that stress community and service.
The historical records of DePaul University (1898 - ) not only detail the growth of the university, but also the development and urban renewal of the surrounding Lincoln Park neighborhood. Personal papers and organizational records contribute to collection strengths in urban renewal, community activism, social justice, and the Catholic Left.
Chicago-centric collections include the Lincoln Park Conservation Association records (documenting urban renewal efforts in Lincoln Park from the 1950s to 1980s), various Lincoln Park neighborhood associations records, Harry Chaddick papers (city zoning and development, 1950s to 1970s), the Civic Federation records (a taxpayer watchdog group), Pilsen community organizer Teresa Fraga’s papers, and drafts, scripts, and costume and set designs from Victory Gardens Theater and Theatre School alumni. Photographs, ephemera and material culture complement the paper-based collections.
DePaul Special Collections and Archives actively promotes the use of collections in teaching, learning, and scholarship. Community members are welcome to consult our collections in our Reading Room in the John T. Richardson Library.
Special Collections and Archives
John T Richardson Library, Room 314, 2350 N Kenmore Ave.Chicago, IL 60614United States
- (773) 325-7864
- Location URL