1 to 12 of 227 Digital Images shown
1 to of 9 Archival Collections shown
Benton House (Chicago, Ill.) records, ca. 1892-1980.
Board minutes and reports, Guild minutes, correspondence, clippings, reports, and other office files of Benton House, a settlement house founded in 1907 and operated by the Episcopal Diocese of Chicago at 3052 South Gratten Avenue in the Bridgeport community of Chicago (Ill.) for many years. Earl...
Chicago Boys and Girls Club records
This description does not include unprocessed additions to the collection.
Chicago Stockyards collection, 1890-1970
The Chicago Stockyards, also known as the Union Stockyards, played an integral role in the development of Chicago as the hub of the meat industry. This collection highlights selective aspects of the management and promotional activities of the stockyards.
Documentary photographs by students at University of Illinois at Chicago, 1983-1986.
Photographs submitted for Art & Design course 269 taught by Robert Stiegler at UIC, Spring 1986. Photographs primarily show street scenes in residential areas, focusing on Bridgeport, Lakeview and Pilsen communities. Some photographs depict small businesses or restaurants and their owners. Others...
Fellowship House (Chicago, Ill.) records
Correspondence, reports, and other office files of Fellowship House, a Chicago settlement house. Also included are two scrapbooks (ca. 1940-1950) that consist of newspaper clippings, brochures, invitations, cover letters, and agendas. Fellowship House primarily served the changing foreign populat...
Fellowship House photograph collection, ca. 1880-1960, bulk 1920-1939.
Photographs relating to Fellowship House, a Chicago settlement house located at 831 W. 33rd Place. Includes card photograph portraits, snapshots of group activities, exterior views of the structure and an unidentified street scene. Richard J. Daley as mayor is shown with a group at reopening cere...
Gleason Funeral Home records
Business ledgers and account books of Gleason Funeral Home, formerly Martin Gleason & Son. This Chicago business, which was established in the Bridgeport neighborhood in the nineteenth century, was located at 3718 S. Halsted in the 1920s but moved to 8619 S. Ashland by the 1930s.
Packingtown USA, 1905-1968
The collection contains lantern slides, glass plate negatives, and photographs of the stockyards, Packingtown, neighborhood scenes, strikers, strikebreakers, union members and police. The photographs were used in the film.
Sigmund J. Osty visual materials, 1960-1976
Black-and-white photographic prints depicting the built environment, predominantly in Chicago, but also Evanston, Skokie, and Galena, Illinois. All the images depict exterior views, the majority of which are street intersections, though the collection also documents streetscapes, residen...