1 to of 2 Archival Collections shown

Gerri Oliver papers

Fliers, tickets, menus, business cards, photos, publications, and newspaper clippings collected by Gerri Oliver for her business The Palm Tavern, 446 E. 47th Street, Chicago (Ill.). The Palm Tavern opened in 1933, and Gerri Oliver became its owner in 1956. It sometimes featured jazz and blues mus...


The Palm Tavern visual materials

Black-and-white photographic prints (18) and printed posters (15) collected by proprietor Gerri Oliver for display at The Palm Tavern, a bar located at 446 E. 47th Street in the Bronzeville neighborhood of Chicago that often featured jazz and blues performances. Several photographs depict Oliver ...

View tags