1 to of 7 Archival Collections shown
Brenetta Howell Barrett Papers
A lifelong Chicagoan, Brenetta Howell Barrett was a leader and political activist in West Side community organizations. She served in the mayoral administrations of Harold Washington and Eugene Sawyer. Active in housing, environmental and civil liberties issues, she was also involved in community...
Chicago Boys and Girls Club records
This description does not include unprocessed additions to the collection.
East Garfield Park Community Collection, 1871-1964.
The collection is arranged into series: Biographical, Business Establishments, Religious Institutions, Clubs and Organizations, Historical Sketches, Residences, Schools, Streets, Transportation and Photographs.
Neighborhoods, Keepers of Culture project oral histories and transcripts
Recorded oral histories and community meetings, as well as transcripts (including some interviewer check list forms, topic sheets, log sheets, and release forms) that were made as part of the project, Neighborhoods: Keepers of Culture. Some oral history interviews were made by students at Loyola ...
Neighborhoods, Keepers of Culture project video archives, [ca. 1958-1999]
Items collected as part of the "Neighborhoods, Keepers of Culture" project of the Chicago Historical Society, which focused on the following community areas: Near West Side, East Garfield Park, Lower West Side (Pilsen), South Lawndale (Little Village), Rogers Park, West Ridge, and Douglas and Gra...
Rev. Thomas O'Gorman papers
Correspondence, newspaper clippings, minutes, financial records and other materials related to Reverend Thomas O'Gorman and his ministry work in the Lawndale and Garfield Park neighborhoods in west Chicago. Much of the materials pertain to Catholic social action committees and urban ministry, suc...
West Side riots (Chicago) photograph collection, 1968.
Riots on Chicago's West Side following the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., in April 1968. Photographed in the vicinity of Marillac House, a community center at 2822 West Jackson, by a staff member, Sister Julia.