1 to of 3 Archival Collections shown

Back of the Yards Neighborhood Council records, 1954-1964

The Back of the Yards Neighborhood Council (BYNC) was located on Chicago's Southwest side near the former Union Stockyards that housed Chicago's meatpacking plants. Saul Alinsky and Joseph Meegan founded the BYNC in 1939 making it the oldest community organization in the United States. Its 185 de...

View tags

International Amphitheatre collection of visual materials, [1890-1979]

Materials primarily concern events held at the International Amphitheatre, built in 1934 in Chicago's Stockyards for the purpose of housing the International Live Stock Exposition. Additionally, the Amphitheatre was used for dairy shows, rodeos, sports events, flower shows, labor conventions, and...

View tags

J. W. Taylor photograph album, [ca. 1885-1900]

Primarily views of Chicago's main streets, large commercial buildings, and residences of prominent Chicagoans. Streets include Clark, Lake Shore Drive, Michigan Avenue, Randolph, South Water and State Streets. Commercial buildings include major hotels, Board of Trade, Real Estate Board, Chamber o...