Gordon Adamson Chicago theater and opera programs collections, 1920-1970
- Guide to the Gordon Adamson Chicago theater and opera programs collections
- Adamson, Gordon, Chicago theater and opera programs collections
- OriginationAdamson, Gordon
- Physical Description0.50
- RepositoryLake Forest College Library Archives and Special Collections Lake Forest College 555 N. Sheridan Rd Lake Forest, IL, URL: http://archon.lakeforest.edu Email: email@example.com Phone: 847-735-5064 Fax: 847-735-6296
Gordon Adamson died at the age of 71 on January 21, 1986. He was a former vice president of Baldwin-United Corp. (Cincinnati), and prior to that secretary and assistant treasurer of the Bowman Dairy Co. His spouse was Emily Norcross Adamson, daughter of Dr. Edward P. Norcross, Highland Park, and sister of Dr. Pliny Norcross, Amherst, MA. Gordon Adamson was chair of the lake Forest Symphony and on the Board of Directors in the 1980s of the Lake Forest-Lake Bluff Historical Society.
- Chicago City Opera Company
- Chicago Opera Association
- Chicago Opera Company, Inc.
- Community Music Association (Lake Forest, Illinois)
- Illinois Opera Guild
- Lyric Theatre of Chicago
- Opera Theater (Chicago, Illinois)
The collection consists of theater and opera programs dated from the 1920s to 1960s. The programs are from Chicago companies or companies touring the Chicago area.