• Title Legler [Regional] Library, exterior view, ca. 1923
  • Description The Legler Regional Branch Library, located at 115 South Pulaski Road, opened on October 11, 1920. It was named for Henry E. Legler, Librarian of the Chicago Public Library between 1909 and 1917. In the second decade of the 1900's, Legler expanded library services by establishing deposit stations in various businesses, hospitals and schools, and developing branch reading rooms. Black and white photo, 33 x 16 cm.
  • Geographic Coverage West Garfield Park (Chicago, Ill.); Pulaski Road (Chicago, Ill.)
  • Subject Public libraries; Facades; Library buildings -- Illinois -- Chicago -- History -- Photographs; Chicago Public Library -- Legler Branch -- History -- Photographs; libraries (buildings)
  • Date 1923
  • Repository Number PHOTOGRAPH SPE-CPL Archives Photographs Legler 1.16
  • Collection Chicago Public Library Archives
  • Rights http://www.chipublib.org/order-a-photo-reproduction/
  • Digital Collection Chicago Public Library Digital Images
  • Rights http://www.chipublib.org/order-a-photo-reproduction/